ALL Private Health funds are welcome at Northside Hand & Upper Limb Clinic for processing at our Brendale Clinic, including: BUPA, Medibank Private, AHM, NIB, Australian Unity, HCF, CBHS, CUA, HBF and many more.
Before your appointment
- If you have a referral, please bring it to your first appointment as it will help our Therapist to better understand your needs. Referrals can be completed by your GP, Specialist or an Allied Health professional.
- Should you have X-rays, doctor's reports, scans or other relevant information, please bring these with you to your first appointment.
- Please arrive five minutes early to complete your paperwork.
- New patients should allow 45 minutes for their first appointment. This allows the Therapist to assess your injury/condition in full and answer your questions that you may have at the time.
- Please refer to your Insurer to enquire about the level of cover you have prior to your appointment time. Some of our Hand Therapists are Occupational Therapists and some are Physiotherapists, so it may assist if you enquire about your level of cover prior to making your appointment.
WorkCover claims & similar
WorkCover Qld is one of several groups offering insurance to injured workers who have been injured at work under QComp legislation. Some companies such as QANTAS, Woolworths, InjuryNet (for Coles/Myer group), and Arnotts Biscuits deal direct with their injured worker but still abide with QComp legislation. Therefore the following generally applies to all such third party guarantors.
WorkCover Qld patients need a referral from their GP or Specialist. In addition to the above, please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Claim number
- WorkCover Medical Certificate issued by your GP - Bring the most current certificate and ensure it is current with dates that cover your off work or treatment time.
Department of Veteran Affairs
In addition to any of the above, please bring the following to your first appointment at Northside Hand & Upper Limb Clinic:
- DVA patients require a referral from their GP.
- DVA card number
EPC (Enhanced Primary Care) / Team Care arrangement *
Should you have either of these from your GP for Northside Hand & Upper Limb Clinic, please bring a copy of this with you to your first appointment and be sure to let our Administrative staff know.
Please note that the EPC will indicate which type of therapist is authorised to treat you, so make sure that if it specifies, for example Occupational Therapist, and that you inform our Reception staff and are booked in to see a Hand Therapist that is specified that your EPC will cover. We understand that this can be a little difficult to get right, so please ask our Reception staff to help you make an appointment that is with the right person for your cover.
We are able to process the scheduled medicare rebates * directly into your cheque or savings account on presentation of your Medicare card only at our Brendale Clinic. EPC patients may be eligible to be reimbursed a percentage or rebate amount of the consultation cost from Medicare. Consumables (additional items/products) used for treatment are not eligible for the rebate.
Payment is required immediately after the consultation and can be paid via Eftpos, cash or credit card. Rebates are then paid directly into a cheque or savings account after full payment of the consultation.
* Please refer to Medicare Australia for eligibility details and rebate amounts.
Health Care rebates
- If you have “extras” cover, your consultation cost from Northside Hand & Upper Limb Clinic may be claimable as Occupational Therapy with your Private Health Insurer. Alternatively, if you only have Physiotherapy cover you can make an appointment with our Physiotherapist that specialises in Hand Therapy and claim under your Physiotherapy allocation. Please ask our Administrative staff for details.
- Should you require a custom made splint(s), this may be claimable through your private health depending on the company you are with and your level of cover. Please refer to your Insurer to enquire about the level of cover you have prior to your appointment time.
After your appointment
- Our Reception staff will process your payment and make your follow up appointment(s) for you. If you are a WorkCover patient or a DVA patient, you will need to sign a form to say you attended your appointment.
We require 24 hours notice prior to your appointment should you need to cancel otherwise a cancellation fee may apply.
This allows us to fill that appointment with another patient that may also require treatment.
Our priority is to make sure you get the treatment you require, so we are more than happy to reschedule your appointment to an alternative day/time to ensure you are still receiving the treatment you need.
We will endeavour to send a text message reminder or have one of our friendly Reception staff call you to remind you about your appointment and to give you the opportunity to let us know if you are unable to attend.