Sarah Findlay B.Occ.Thy, Accredited Hand Therapist & Occupational Therapist, OT Driver Assessor / Driver Trained
For Telehealth with Sarah ring 3205 7019
Northside Hand welcomes Sarah Findlay who is an Accredited Hand Therapist, and an Occupational Therapist with over 8 years of experience in the hand therapy setting in both the private hand therapy sector within Australia as well as within the public sector in the U.K. Sarah graduated from the University of Queensland in 2011 with a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. Sarah has always had an interest in hand therapy and whilst she has a passion for treating all hand conditions she particularly enjoys the treatment of traumatic injuries (conservative and post operative). Sarah obtained her Full Membership with the Australian Hand Therapy Association in 2019. She also holds additional certifications and experience in Driving Assessment & Rehabilitation as well as Lymphoedema management / Lymphedema management.
Prior to joining the Northside team, Sarah worked at another private practice in Brisbane as a Senior Occupational Therapist providing Hand Therapy services as well as a driving assessment and ergonomic workstation services. She has also worked within the UK a a few major trauma hospitals within an acute setting. Sarah has primarily worked in the areas of:
- Orthopaedics - conservative and operative management of upper limb fractures and other soft tissue and joint conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis, Osteoarthritis, Tennis Elbow and Trigger finger.
- Rehabilitation – acute medical and surgical caseload including upper limb rehabilitation.
Sarah has completed a wide range of additional training in the following areas:
- Advanced Open & Closed Trauma
- Static and Mobilizing Splinting
- Management of Common Elbow Conditions
- Lymphoedema Management (level 1)
- Driving Assessment & Rehabilitation
- Heavy Vehicle Assessment